About the Ridgetown Campus Library
The library is a welcoming space for students in all programs that offers:
- Individual or group study
- Computers, printers and scanners
- Staff support with access to print and electronic resources
- Textbooks and campus swag shop
- Space to meet with your Peer Helper
- Access to the Program Counsellor
Fall & Winter Semester Hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Sunday: 5:00 pm - 8:00pm
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm*
*Please note, “Off-Semester” hours may vary, please contact the library directly.
The Ridgetown Campus library is part of the University of Guelph’s McLaughlin Library, enabling you access to millions of resources and books through a tool called “Omni”. You can search Omni for books, journals, articles and videos and view digital resources right away or have physical items ordered to Ridgetown Campus.
How do I request a book in Omni?
- Search the library collection in Omni.
- Once you have found the item you'd like to request, sign in and then click "Request."
- Under "Pickup Location" select the location you would like to pick up the book. "Ridgetown Campus Library."
- You will receive an email with more information once your item(s) is ready.
- For items will be available for pick up at the Ridgetown Circulation desk.
How long does it take to get the books I need?
Requests for items from one of the other libraries in the Omni consortium take approximately 3-5 business days to arrive. You will be notified by email when it's available for pickup. Requests for items outside the Omni consortium may take longer, depending on the lending library.
Where do I return my books?
Books can be returned at the circulation desk, or in the book return bin in the library entryway by the loading ramp. Books can also be returned to any Omni partner library.
Can I request items from other university libraries?
Yes. Current U of G Ridgetown Campus students, staff and faculty can request physical items from Omni partner libraries.
- Request items through Omni.
- Select your pickup location. You can choose pickup locations at other Omni partner libraries as well.
- You will receive an email notification when the item is ready. (Note: the email comes from the library you requested the item from).
How long can I borrow an item for?
Most users can borrow:
- Books for 120 days
- DVDs for 14 days
See Borrowing Policy for more information.
Can I access resources when I’m off campus?
Yes. Registered U of G Ridgetown Campus students, faculty, and staff can access library resources via Omni (and other databases) from anywhere at any time. Sign in to get full access.
- Community borrowers cannot login to Omni due to licensing restrictions imposed by online publishers
- Alumni have online access to a subset of our electronic resources
- Registered distance education students, see Distance Education
- For users affiliated with the university, please see Sponsored Users and the Service Summary Table; please note the sponsoring department or unit on campus is responsible for requesting sponsored accounts - this is not done by the library
How do I print in the library?
Current students may print, scan, or photocopy. A print code is posted at all computer stations. Printer/Photocopier can be found on the first floor, near the public computers. Please ask staff for assistance with colour printing. Colour printing costs $0.25 per page.
Is food allowed in the library?
Yes, food and drink are both permitted in the library. There is a microwave on the second floor for your use, as well as a pay-per-use Keurig machine.
How do I get an alumni or community borrower library card?
Alumni may request electronic access to some U of G e-resources. Community borrowers and Alumni can explore our Open Access resources. To borrow our print collection, please drop by the circulation desk to inquire about a community borrower card.
As a Ridgetown Campus student, you also have access to the various resources of the McLaughlin Library, including resources and workshops. Some offerings are only available at the Guelph campus, but many are available online:
- U of G Library Home Page
- Studying Resources & Workshops
- English Language Support
- Writing Resources & Workshops
- Mark Calculator
Winter semester textbooks will be available for purchase on campus beginning January 8, 2024. Watch your email for details.
- DVTA: please contact the library to purchase your winter semester textbooks and have them shipped to you.
- DECM Year 1: textbooks will be available for purchase from program staff in Clinton.
Campus merchandise is available for purchase at the library, or by phone at: 519-674-1500 ext. 63540.
- Hoodies, t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, jackets, vests, lanyards, mugs, tumblers, water bottles, ball caps and toques.
- If required, the shipping fee is $10.
Contact the Ridgetown Campus Library
Becky Clark, Educational Resource Clerk
Ridgetown Campus Library
1st Floor Reek Building
519-674-1500 ext. 63540