For General Health
From Here to There Medical- Ridgetown
- 22 Main Street East (Inside the Pharmasave Ridge Apothecary)
- From Here to There Medical Concierge
- Phone: 226-798-4415
Walk-in Clinics provide health care services to people who require non-urgent medical attention, and serve all people covered under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). Chatham-Kent has walk-in clinics that provide general medical attention and clinics that specifically offer sexual health services. Contact the clinic directly for walk-in hours, to book an appointment, or to ask about fees for service. Emergency health care service is provided by hospitals and emergency rooms throughout Chatham-Kent.
Student Health & Dental Benefits
All Ridgetown Campus students have Health & Dental benefits. Full details of your coverage and benefits is available at www.mystudentplan.ca/ridgetown
Mental Health & Addictions Counselling
An on-campus mental health counsellor is available for students to schedule an appointment for individual therapy sessions relating to mental health or addiction concerns. Therapy is an outreach service provided by Shannon Stephenson, a registered social worker from the Mental Health and Addiction Program at the Chatham Kent Health Alliance. Contact Shannon to schedule an on-campus assessment appointment via CCampusTherapy@ckha.on.ca
Therapy is brief and change-oriented. Appointments are usually 50 minutes, and the number of sessions will be determined in collaboration between student and therapist. Therapy is strength-based and solution-focused. It is based on helping you thrive in current circumstances, rather than exploring past experiences.
For Sexual Health
Sexual health walk-in services include:
- Birth control purchase and pick up (if you are a client, or have a Consent to Dispense)
- Emergency contraception pill ("morning after pill" or Plan B)
- Free pregnancy testing and counselling
- Sexual health counselling
- Free condoms
- Scheduling clinic appointments
Chatham-Kent Public Health - Sexual Health Clinic
- 177 King St. East, Chatham, Ontario (Entrance at the side of the WISH Centre. Free parking.)
- Telephone: 519-355-1071
- Fax: 519-355-0848
Health Connect Ontario
Ontario offers a free and confidential phone service, Health Connect Ontario, to a Registered Nurse. Health Connect Ontario is offered in English and French, with support in 110 languages.
Call Health Connect Ontario if you have a general health question. They will offer you advice on what to do and where to go for help. You do not need to provide a health insurance number.Health Connect Ontario Numbers:
- Call 811
- TTY: 1-866-797-0007
Note: In a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Crisis Text Line
With Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone, you can chat with a trained, volunteer crisis responder for support any time, about anything, via text message. Text UOFG to 686868 to connect with support.
Rev. Doug Rowley assists in the spiritual needs of students of all faiths. Rev. Rowley is on-campus part-time and welcomes your visits and inquiries. You can reach him at 519-355-8867.
Additional Supports & Services
- Good2Talk Crisis Line: 1-866-925-5454 or visit good2talk.ca/ontario
- MyWellness Resources: www.mystudentplan.ca/ridgetown/en/mywellness
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Crisis Line: 1-833-456-4566
- WAYS Mental Health Support (Chatham): 519-357-2065 ext. 2207 or visit https://www.humanacs.org/
- C-K Mental Health First Response: 519-436-6100
- CK Mental Health & Addictions 519-351-6144 ext. 5051
- Good Doctors Virtual Walk-In Clinic (in Pharmasave, Ridgetown): 519-674-3400
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA; with Emergency Room): 80 Grand Ave W, Chatham, ON
- Clinton Public Hospital (with Emergency Room): 98 Shipley St, Clinton, ON
- Check your local area for available pharmacies
Sexual/Domestic Violence Support
- Sexual Violence Support & Resources: wellness.uoguelph.ca/sexual-violence-support
- Sexual Assault Violence Crisis Centre Chatham: 519-354-8688 or visit cksacc.org/
- Chatham-Kent Women’s Centre Crisis Line: 1-800-265-0598
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance – Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre (Chatham): 519-352-6400 ext. 6382
- Chatham-Kent Police: 519-352-1234 (or 911 for emergency situations)