On-campus services are provided through the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres by Colleen Martin, a nurse practitioner. Primary care services include treatment of common diseases and injuries, mental health care, preventative care, and sexual health (eg. STI testing, birth control, cervical cancer screening). Colleen can also order tests (eg. Blood work, X-rays, Ultrasounds), diagnose conditions, prescribe medications, and refer to specialists. You can schedule a nurse practitioner appointment online or call 519-397-5455 ext. 117. Colleen's office is in the basement of the Reek building, Room 111, right outside the library.
Student Health & Dental Benefits
All Ridgetown Campus students have Health & Dental benefits. Full details of your coverage and benefits is available at www.mystudentplan.ca/ridgetown
Rev. Doug Rowley assists in the spiritual needs of students of all faiths. Rev. Rowley is on-campus part-time and welcomes your visits and inquiries. You can reach him at 519-355-8867.
519-674-1500 Ext. 63537, or dial 63537 from any campus telephone
Mental Health & Addictions Counselling
An on-campus mental health counsellor is available for students to schedule an appointment for individual therapy sessions relating to mental health or addiction concerns. Therapy is an outreach service provided by Shannon Stephenson, a registered social worker from the Mental Health and Addiction Program at the Chatham Kent Health Alliance. Contact Shannon to schedule an on-campus assessment appointment via email@example.com
Therapy is brief and change-oriented. Appointments are usually 50 minutes, and the number of sessions will be determined in collaboration between student and therapist. Therapy is strength-based and solution-focused. It is based on helping you thrive in current circumstances, rather than exploring past experiences.
Crisis Text Line
With Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone, you can chat with a trained, volunteer crisis responder for support any time, about anything, via text message. Text UOFG to 686868 to connect with support.
Additional Supports & Services
- Good2Talk Crisis Line: 1-866-925-5454 or visit good2talk.ca/ontario
- MyWellness Resources: www.mystudentplan.ca/ridgetown/en/mywellness
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Crisis Line: 1-833-456-4566
- WAYS Mental Health Support (Chatham): 519-357-2065 ext. 2207 or visit www.ways.on.ca/community-programs
- C-K Mental Health First Response: 519-436-6100
- CK Mental Health & Addictions 519-351-6144 ext. 5051
- Good Doctors Virtual Walk-In Clinic (in Pharmasave, Ridgetown): 519-674-3400
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA; with Emergency Room): 80 Grand Ave W, Chatham, ON
- Clinton Public Hospital (with Emergency Room): 98 Shipley St, Clinton, ON
- Check your local area for available pharmacies
Sexual/Domestic Violence Support
- Sexual Violence Support & Resources: wellness.uoguelph.ca/sexual-violence-support
- Sexual Assault Violence Crisis Centre Chatham: 519-354-8688 or visit cksacc.org/
- Chatham-Kent Women’s Centre Crisis Line: 1-800-265-0598
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance – Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centre (Chatham): 519-352-6400 ext. 6382
- Chatham-Kent Police: 519-352-1234 (or 911 for emergency situations)