Living in Residence (Steckley Hall)
Meet new friends while having several comforts of home. By choosing to live on-campus, you'll live close to classmates, athletic facilities, Willson Hall Cafeteria, and your classrooms.
- Co-ed, dormitory-style facility
- Staffed 7 days-a-week, 24 hours-a-day
- Smoke-free facility
- WIFI available throughout the building
- Shared kitchenette
- Coin-operated washer and dryers
- Quiet wing to maximum study time
- View room photos here
Important Residence Information
|Deposit Due at time of Application*
|Winter Semester (minus the deposit)
|Total Residence Fee
Deposit will be applied to the Winter semester residence fee owed. These fees are estimates and are subject to change and thus students may not receive prior notification; Based on F22/W23 Fees
- Apply to live in residence online here: Steckley Hall Residence Application
- $500.00 deposit is due at the time of application. This deposit will be deducted off of the winter semester residence fees
- An offer of admission must be accepted before applying for residence
- Students living in Steckley Hall are required to purchase the meal plan
- Residence is available to students for both their first and second years of studies
- Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis
Note: For students studying in the Veterinary Technology Alternative program or staying in Ridgetown for on-campus summer employment, Steckley Hall is not available as a housing option.
- Students living on-campus are required to purchase a meal plan.
- The meal plan includes 14 meals per week: Monday morning breakfast through to Friday lunch service.
- Each meal is “all-you-can-eat”. There are several different entree options to choose from at each meal.
- Students with special dietary needs can speak with the chef to ensure their needs are met.
- Students living off campus and do not have the meal plan are welcome to purchase food and drinks.
Note: As Willson Hall Cafeteria is not open for Friday dinner service or over the weekend, students living in residence have access to a kitchenette in Steckley Hall to cook meals.
Meal Plan FeeTotal Fee
Our staff is compromised of students looking to develop their leadership skills as Resident Assistants (RA's). RA's offer peer-to-peer support to our residents through one-on-one relationship building, floor-wide events and recreational programming. The RA’s are available to students on their floor 24/7 as it is a live-in position. All student staff are trained in First Aid and Emergency Response.
Be sure to check out the Job Listings to learn more about this position and to apply.
Contact the Residence Team
- General housing inquiries: email@example.com
Off-Campus Student Housing
If you are a student, you can post a sublet with Places4Students.com for FREE or use the Roommate Finder for FREE- visit the student registration page for access.
- To find rental listings for Ridgetown, students, faculty, and staff near the University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus, search our rental listing website at Places4Students.com.
- To find rental listings for Clinton, students, faculty, and staff near REACH Huron, search our rental listing website at Places4Students.com.
Promote your rental to UofG students, faculty, and staff by listing with Places4Students. Visit the Places4Students webpage to create a profile or call 1-866-766-0767 to speak with a customer service representative.