Academic & Student Experience Frequently Asked Questions
We're currently planning an orientation program to welcome all students to campus, and some of the activities it will involve include:
- Welcome to Campus! Get a chance to meet the Campus Director, Student Council Representatives, Orientation Ambassadors, and learn about the exciting week and your year ahead.
- Campus Resource Fair will be an opportunity to connect with campus supports and services to learn more about how we can support you during your time on campus.
- Academic Program Day will be a chance to meet the faculty and your fellow classmates. Have a tour of campus and let us help you find your classes.
- Icebreaker Activities and Social Events to help you meet new people and build friendships.
- Community Excursions to help you become familiar with Ridgetown and Clinton, and the surrounding area.
Orientation is a great way to make new friends and memories! At this time, we are planning orientation for September 5th-9th.
Academic Program Delivery
Currently, we are planning for all diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs at Ridgetown and in Clinton to be delivered in-person.
Some courses might have components that are delivered online, but students intending to study at Ridgetown or in Clinton should plan to be learning on-site in fall 2022.
NOTE: Safety will remain our top priority. We will continue to monitor University of Guelph and local health unit COVID-19 requirements. Course delivery methods may be adjusted if required.
Living and Eating On Campus
Yes, we’re planning for Steckley Hall residence to be open this fall, and are currently welcoming applications (with a deposit from first, second, or third year students attending Ridgetown this fall.
Residence application is open. First-year students who apply by June 1 will be guaranteed a room in Steckley Hall.
Students applying to residence can apply for a single (you only), or double (you and a roommate) room.
Students living in Steckley Hall will be required to purchase a meal plan, and we are currently reviewing food service options. More information will be available in mid-summer.
NOTE: Safety will remain our top priority. We will continue to monitor University of Guelph and local health unit COVID-19 requirements. Residence availability may be adjusted if required.
Getting Involved in Campus Life
We are planning to offer a wide-range of extra-curricular activities. We are keen to have something that interests everyone, and if we do not have it already, we would welcome your suggestions. Please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some great activities to get-involved in will include, but not limited to:
- Intramural sports
- Social events
- Student Clubs
- Leadership Programs
- Peer-to-Peer Programs
- Job Fair(s)
- Wellness Initiatives
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
Student Service Contacts
Our student service team is here to help you make a successful transition to Ridgetown Campus.