Dr. Lily Tamburic-Ilincic
Wheat Pathology and Wheat Genetics
Ph. D.- Plant breeding and Genetics - University of Guelph, Canada
M.Sc. -Plant Pathology – University of Belgrade, Serbia
B.Sc.- Crop Science – University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Breeding soft (pasty) and hard (bread) winter wheat for Ontario
- Evaluation of winter wheat and winter durum for Southwestern Ontario (Performance and Registration trials)
- Development and characterization of winter wheat populations for molecular marker studies
- Pre-harvest sprouting in soft white winter wheat
- Identification and development of winter wheat germplasm with resistance to fusarium head blight (FHB) and tolerance to deoxynivalenol (DON)
- Variety responses to FHB resistance and tolerance to DON in winter wheat
- Pyramiding FHB genes from different sources of resistance using conventional breeding and biotechnology
- Annual survey of Fusarium spp. and DON level in cereals in Ontario
- Leaf diseases in cereals and their management
- Studying differences in aggressiveness and DON production of isolates of Fusarium graminearum
Recent or current projects include:
- Enhancing Winter Wheat Performance and Quality by Host Resistance to Multiple Diseases and Fungicide Application (2011-2013)
- Evaluation of pre-harvest sprouting in soft white winter wheat in Ontario (2012-2014)
- Evaluation and testing of high-yielding winter wheat lines (2011-2015)
- Advancing Canadian Field Crops (winter wheat) through breeding for production efficiency, pest resistance and consumer quality (2010-2013)
- A strategy to improve wheat yield and quality through integrated management of Fusarium head blight (2007-2011)
- Testing and development of winter durum wheat cultivars for Ontario (2008-2010)
- Assessment of Fusarium head blight (FHB) and deoxynivalenol (DON) level in oat crop in Ontario (2006)
- Fusarium head blight (FHB) management in wheat through host genetic resistance (2005-2006)
Research Technicians and Graduate Students:
|Dr. Pragyan Burlakoti
Phone: 519-674-1500 x63567
Recent Publications and Reports:
2013 - A. Gunenc, M. HadiNezhad, L. Tamburic-Ilincic, P.M. Mayer, F. Hosseinian. (2013) Effects of region and cultivar on alkylresorcinols content and composition in wheat bran and their antioxidant activity. In Journal of Cereal Science; 57(3):405–410. DOI:10.1016/j.jcs.2013.01.003.
2013 - C.C. Amarasinghe, L. Tamburic-Ilincic, J. Gilbert, A.L. Brûlé-Babel & W.G.D.Fernando. (2013). Evaluation of different fungicides for control of fusarium head blight in wheat inoculated with 3ADON and 15ADON chemotypes of Fusarium graminearum in Canada. In Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology (2013), 35 (2): 200-208.
2013 - L. Tamburic-Ilincic & A.Smid. (2013) OAC Flight soft red winter wheat. In Canadian Journal of Plant Science (2013), 93(6):1261-1263.
2013 - L. Tamburic-Ilincic & A. Smid. (2013). OAC Emmy, soft white winter wheat. In Canadian Journal of Plant Science (2013) 93: 1_3 doi:10.4141/CJPS2012-059.
2012 - L. Tamburic-Ilincic, A.Smid, & C. Griffey. (2012). OAC Amber winter durum wheat. In Canadian Journal of Plant Science (2012) 92:973-975, DOI: 10.4141/CJPS2011-164
View the complete list of reports by Dr. Lily Tamburic-Ilincic on the reports page.