Associate Diploma in Environmental Management
Are you interested in environmental issues and solutions?
Choose the Associate Diploma in Environmental Management to build the technical and practical skills needed for a career in conservation and natural resource management, municipal, industrial, rural or agricultural applications. Students complete a variety of applied, practical projects and assignments to develop their industry knowledge and presentation skills.
- Our broad range of courses allow you to focus on your field of interest, including: municipal and industrial, conservation and natural resources, or agricultural and rural
- Four-week industry work placement at the end of the fourth semester
- On-campus bio-diesel and anaerobic digester demonstration and research facilities
- Students taking the Sewage and Waste Water course experience the lab components of their program at the new wastewater treatment facility in Ridgetown
- Gain a strong understanding of environmental protection and management
- Become eligible to write:
- the Ministry of Environment Operator in Training (OIT) Certifications in water treatment, water distribution, waste water treatment, and waste water collection
- the exam for Certified Technician designation through the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
- Students can participate in an optional one-week course and exam upon completion of academic program requirements to obtain the Entry-Level Course for Drinking Water Operators
- Complete a second Associate Diploma (in Agriculture) with just one additional year of study
- With this program, you can earn 2 Diplomas in 3 Years!
To discuss this program in more detail, please contact:
Alison McMahon, Campus Recruitment Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63256 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Irene Moore, Academic Program Co-ordinator
519-674-1500 x63666 email@example.com
Wallaceburg District Secondary School, Wallaceburg, ON
Senior, Associate Diploma in Environmental Management